Are you interested in undergoing liposuction surgery?
Maybe you have a stubborn patch of fat that just won’t respond to diet and exercise. Or maybe you’ve recently lost weight, but there are parts of your body that look a little “uneven” as a result of remaining excess fat.
No matter what the reasons why you want to undergo liposuction surgery, there’s one question that’s on your mind: “Am I a good candidate for liposuction?”
Good Candidates for Liposuction Surgery
While each patient is different, the best candidates for liposuction surgery typically:
- Are within 30% of their ideal body weight.
- Already follow a healthy exercise and diet regimen, so as prevent removed fat from returning.
- Have good or moderate skin laxity, which means that the chances for post-surgical skin sagging will be minimal.
- Have good muscle tone, which can improve the aesthetic results after liposuction.
- Are physically and mentally healthy nonsmokers with realistic expectations for how they’ll look after surgery.
The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for liposuction surgery is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Liposuction Consultations Available
Is There a Weight Requirement for Liposuction?
This is perhaps one of the most popular questions asked at liposuction consultations, and many patients are revealed to hear that the answer is no.
Here’s why: There’s no one “weight” that indicates you’re a good candidate for liposuction. Rather, your plastic surgeon will examine your fat density to determine if you’ll see best results from this treatment.
The only time weight comes into consideration is if you’re more than 30% away from achieving your ideal goal weight. If this is the case, your plastic surgeon may encourage you to lose a certain amount of weight before undergoing liposuction surgery.
Dr. Ahn was pretty awesome. He was really nice and super patient with all my silly questions and comments during the procedure. Highly recommend!!!