For many women and men of Asian heritage, double eyelid surgery can help achieve a desirable aesthetic, where the eye looks much more awake and brighter. Double eyelid surgery is a procedure that adds a crease to the upper eyelid, thus breaking up a heavy eyelid without sacrificing the beautiful Asian eye aesthetic.
At Awaken Aesthetics in Torrance, CA, board-certified surgeon Dr. Eric Ahn specializes in surgeries for patients who wish to achieve a specific aesthetic while still preserving their Asian appearance. He can help you determine if you’re an ideal candidate for a double eyelid surgery, as well as walk you through what you can expect from the procedure.
Want to know if you’re a candidate for double eyelid surgery? You may be a good fit for this surgery if:
- You’re a healthy non-smoker over the age of 18
- You have thick, excess skin on your eyelids
- You sometimes feel as though your eyelids make you look tired, even when you’re feeling awake and alert
- Your field of vision has been obstructed by your eyelids
- You want to look more awake and alert, but want to preserve your eye aesthetic
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure