An eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure that can substantially improve the appearance of the eyelids, giving them a more youthful appearance. The surgery can be performed on either the lower or upper lids, or both.
Whether one wishes to improve the heaviness of their eyelid region, or the eyelids are not functioning properly, an eyelid lift can rejuvenate the areas around the eyes.
Eyelid surgery can treat:
- Sagging or loose skin that disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid. (This can sometimes impair vision)
- Unwanted deposits of fat that cause puffiness in the eyelids
- Droopy bags under the eyes
- Lower eyelids that show white below the iris
- Too much skin and/or fine wrinkles on the lower eyelid area
The Best Candidates for Blepharoplasty
The best candidates for eyelid surgery include:
- Individuals who do not have a serious illness or any type of medical conditions that can stand in the way of healing
- Individuals with specific goals in mind for eyelid surgery
- People who have positive outlooks as this influences overall health and healing
- Those who do not have serious eye conditions
- Those who are seeking a plastic surgeon in Torrance
One should keep in mind that the eyelids are a facial feature. When the forehead skin and eyebrows droop, so may […]