Awaken Aesthetics offers facelift treatments to eliminate signs of aging and promote a refreshed, youthful look. A facelift can address multiple issues along the face that result from the aging process. Read on to learn more about the benefits of a facelift.
A facelift, also called a rhytidectomy, targets the sagging skin that causes folds along the cheeks and jawline, which change the shape and contours of your face with age. A rhytidectomy procedure entails pulling back excess skin on the side of the face and remodeling the tissues beneath the skin to restore the contour of the face to its youthful shape.
The procedure lasts from two to five hours, depending on the scope of the treatment. Combining a facelift with other cosmetic enhancements can further enhance the effects of a facelift.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
Anyone aged 30 or older can benefit from a facelift if they struggle with one or more of these problems:
- Loose skin along the cheeks
- Deep wrinkles
- Loss of muscle in the face
- Unbalanced facial contours or features
- Double chin
While a facelift can diminish many signs of aging in one step, individuals wanting to enhance other aspects of their facial appearance can easily have a facelift and neck lift or a facelift and an eye lift performed together.
For individuals only concerned about the lower portion of their face, a mini-facelift may be all that’s needed to create the look you want. Keep in mind the results from a mini-facelift last about half as long as the results from a full facelift.
Facelift Consultations Available
How Long is Recovery From a Facelift?
When performed by a trained and experienced cosmetic surgeon, recovery time from a facelift takes from one to two weeks. By this time, most of the swelling and bruising has resolved.
The importance of choosing the right surgeon cannot be overstated in terms of your time in recovery and the risk of complications down the road.
Dr. Eric Ahn is board-certified in plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. These credentials reflect the level of knowledge, experience, and expertise that Dr. Ahn brings to each case.
Through one-on-one consultations, Dr. Ahn works with each patient to ensure their aesthetic goals and concerns become the focal points of the treatment planning process. In this way, Awaken Aesthetics can help ensure the results you see from a procedure are the results you expected.
How Much Does a Facelift Cost?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of a facelift procedure runs $7,655 as of 2018. However, your overall cost can vary depending on the following factors:
- The area in which your plastic surgeon practices falls within a determined cost-of-living index, meaning facilities located in more affluent areas will charge more for a facelift.
- Your particular needs, preferences, and aging symptoms will determine how complex or comprehensive a rhytidectomy procedure will need to be.
- The level and quality of training and experience your chosen plastic surgeon has. Surgeons who do good work are in high demand, and this demand is reflected in the cost.
- Surgery-related fees (each of which can vary): surgical center costs, prescriptions medications, general anesthesia fees, along with other fees
“Dr. Ahn was pretty awesome. He was really nice and super patient with all my silly questions and comments during the procedure. Highly recommend!!! ” *