PRP therapy (also known as platelet-rich plasma therapy) has shown promise for skin rejuvenation – and now it looks like fading hairlines are next. Clinical studies have shown that PRP therapy can help restore hair, making it an excellent option for both men and women who are looking for a non-surgical hair restoration solution.
So how exactly does it work? PRP hair therapy can be broken down into two main steps:
- Step 1: A small amount of blood (no more than two or three teaspoons) is removed from the patient’s arm. This blood is placed into a centrifuge device and cleaned, which separates the platelets from the rest of the blood. These platelets are added to a special serum that activates its growth factors.
- Step 2: The platelets are injected into various areas of the scalp, including around the natural hairline and where any thinning hair might be visible.
Once the platelets have been applied to the scalp, most patients begin to see hair regrowth within a few months. The hair that grows back is completely yours – that means you can pull it, shower with it, or even swim with it. It won’t fall out, and there are no surgical scars, since PRP therapy hair restoration is not a surgical procedure.
Wondering who is a good candidate for PRP therapy hair restoration? Take a look:
- You’re in the early stages of hair loss, and you want to prevent additional hair loss
- You have recently noticed thinning hair
- You’re in excellent health
- You have realistic expectations for the procedure
Want to learn if you’re a good candidate for PRP therapy hair restoration? Schedule your consultation today at Awaken Aesthetics in Torrance, CA to unlock the power of your body’s own platelets!